UK Solar Supplier Manager
Working closely with suppliers throughout the scheme to ensure clear communication, smooth processes and high quality of service is key to delivering the scheme outcomes and best-in-class customer experience we expect.
As Supplier Manager for UK Solar you will be responsible for preparing the suppliers for participation in our schemes; working with them to optimise their processes as well as managing the operational aspects of implementation phase with them. You will manage partners involved in quality control and use the outcomes to enhance the suppliers operations.
You are a consultant for suppliers in optimising their processes, able to quickly build strong working relationships and a level of influence. You are comfortable discussing the contractual requirements of the relationship and ensuring contractual commitments are met.
This means that:
- You have strong relationship management skills and are able to quickly build robust working relationships with your suppliers and partners;
- You identify opportunities for improvement in the processes for several ongoing projects;
- You manage the suppliers on the objectives of the schemes in terms of communication, progress, quality and administration;
- You actively involve the most important stakeholders in the course of the projects;
- You are able to interpret contractual requirements and communicate them with suppliers to ensure adherence;
- You advocate best practice and advise on possible improvements in the operational processes internally and at suppliers, and you contribute to its implementation;
- You travel around the UK to spend time on location at suppliers’ offices;
- You are familiar with operational aspects of solar installations, or able to quickly get up to speed with these.
Who do you work with?
You work closely with the Business Manager for UK Solar as well as a Junior Supplier Manager and the operational team; as a team you deliver the solar schemes and work to continuously improve them. However, you are often on the road, as the suppliers are located throughout the UK. You will also seek to build relationships with other Supplier Managers working on our solar projects in other countries in order to share learnings and best practice.
- You have at least 4 years work experience in commercial partnership and/or operational management role;
- You have a sharp, strategic eye and are always looking for opportunities to improve and optimise;
- Your communication skills ensure that you know how to get people involved in your ideas;
- You are able to influence stakeholders;
- You have a proven history of improving operational performance or implementation processes;
- You are fascinated by the technology and opportunity of solar panels.
iChoosr is a young, growing, international company with 95 colleagues who work throughout Belgium, the Netherlands, Great Britain, Poland, USA and Japan.
iChoosr believes in the power of united consumers, the idea is simple: together you get a better deal than you would alone. iChoosr wants all parties involved to benefit: consumers, suppliers and clients. More than 1.7 million homes in Europe and beyond have saved money with iChoosr across a number of products including energy, solar panels and asbestos removal.
We have been running solar group purchasing schemes in the UK since 2015 in partnership with Local Authorities. The schemes aim to boost residential solar installations by making it easier for residents to find trustworthy installers and competitive pricing, and for UK installers to access groups of customers.
What does iChoosr offer you?
- A challenging position within a professional and growing international organisation;
- A competitive salary (depending on experience) and benefits package
- Space for personal development and career opportunities;
- A flexible and pleasant workplace in London with travel around the UK and to other European offices as needed;
- Enthusiastic, sincere colleagues who work together informally
Date posted: 11/07/2019
Listing jobs on the Solar Jobs Board is free for STA Members. Non-members can list their jobs for £25+VAT per listing.
If you would like to list your job, please complete this form.