Image credit: CleanEarth
Solar, storage and smart energy management empower local people and organisations. Investment in these technologies is essential if local leaders are to tackle climate change, improve air quality and facilitate the transition to a smart energy system.
Our new report Leading Lights demonstrates how councils can lead on solar today and makes 10 recommendations to help all councils boost their solar capacity. The STA and its members want to work directly with local authorities, Metro Mayors and city leaders to spread knowledge and best practice. By working together we can accelerate a level playing field for distributed power from central government and from Ofgem.
Download the brochure for our Local Authority Leading Lights Network here.
How can we help you?
Download the STA resources for local authorities
Get in touch and join our Leading Lights Local Authority Network
Spread the word – download our communications pack
Ask for an STA member to present Leading Lights to your council
Get involved in our regional workshops, which we’ll be holding with MPs and local leaders.
Key findings from the report
The STA can offer further support to full local authority members, including
- Clear & up to date industry information on technology & project costs & financing
- Supporting evidence for ambitious planning policies
- Expert representation on the BEIS Smart Systems Forum & ENA technical working groups in support of distributed power & local flexibility market creation
- Expert advice on safeguarding quality when structuring procurement processes & tenders
- STA’s regular newsletter summarising key developments in policy & news
- Access to the industry & to major investors
- Collaborative working to secure effective national frameworks to level the playing field for local leaders.
Enquire into joining the Leading Lights Local Authority Network
Download our brochure on the many benefits of our low-cost Local Authority Leading Lights Network here!
Other Useful Reports
Technical Briefing for Housebuilders
This briefing covers recent developments that impact housebuilders.
Solar Thermal Now Report
A guide for potential investors in solar thermal and advice on how the LabelPackA+ label can help inform and improve investment decisions.