Why join the Solar Trade Association?
Joining the Solar Trade Association will bring real benefits to you and your business. Why not ask our current members which of these apply to them?
- All new members of the Solar Trade Association will receive ten MCS (Microgeneration Certification Scheme) credits worth £30 each, while existing members will be able to claim five free credits each year.
- Small solar installation businesses who are accredited members of MCS and a registered consumer code will be entitled to a discount of £100 off their STA membership. This is a 25% reduction for the smallest companies.
Influence public policy
- Help us influence public policy to ensure stability and remove barriers so that your business can grow. We have a proven track record of winning policy breakthroughs for the industry
- Get involved in the STAs Working Groups to make sure you are on the cutting edge of the industry. We have eight different working groups covering PV Rooftop, Solar Thermal, New Build, STA Scotland, Solar O&M, Large-Scale & Asset Management, Behind the Meter Storage and Grid-Scale Storage
- Free advice and clarifications on any detailed policy questions you have
- Have your interests represented within MCS, RECC and HIES
Grow your business
- Market your business on our Find an installer tool so that potential new customers can get in touch with you. We get a lot of homeowners, farmers and other potential customers calling us to be put in touch with a solar company near them
- Get advice from STA experts on public relations to help your marketing go further
- Market yourself for free in our weekly newsletter and establish yourself as a leader in your sector
- Network with other industry representatives, potential clients and stakeholders at STA events and working groups
- Expand into other parts of the UK. For example, STA Scotland has been a springboard for many of our members expanding into Scotland
- Explore export opportunities through our workshops and relationships with UK Trade & Investment and embassies abroad, both in Europe and in the developing world
- When it’s time to grow, advertise job listings for free on our ‘Careers in Solar and Storage’ page to recruit new talent
Reduce your costs
- Big discounts on tickets to STA events
- Access to discounted training opportunities from leading industry experts such as Cornwall Insight
- Free advice from our experts on any technical issues you have
- Stay on the inside track with our weekly newsletter, regular market intelligence and policy updates — delivered straight to your inbox
- Access our online library of market research and technical reports
Enhance your credibility
- Display the STA logo on your material and website to show your long-term commitment to the industry. Our logo acts as a sign of trust for potential new customers
- Green your brand and show your commitment to a cleaner future
Helping shape best practice in the industry and raising standards, our Commercial Rooftop Solar Confidence Checklist and 10 Commitments have become gold standards in the development of solar rooftops and farms
WiredGov – STA 25% Discount on annual registration fee
- Wired-Gov are a government and public sector news alerting service, facilitating UK Government and Public Sector increasing spends on SME’s (by 2020 it is the stated intent of Cabinet Office that £1 of every £3 spent on government contracts goes to SME’s).
- The Supplier Locator service has been developed specifically to assist with the procurement requirements of WiredGov +400,000 opted in and registered community of procurement managers, budget holders, heads of departments and managers across the UK government and wider public sector (including: local government, central government departments and agencies, NHS, health/social care, education, criminal justice, MOD and more).
- 12 month registration provides member access to two alert services: Contracts Locator Service, Large Value Tender Alert Service as well as the Supplier Locator Platform and access to WiredGov’s official communications platform. If you are interested in finding out more, please contact email@example.com